Are the high cost of medications impacting your household? According to Consumer reports approximately 30% of those surveyed responded medication costs are resulting in lifestyle changes. The May issue of Consumer Reports has a special report on how to reduce your medication costs. Tips mentioned in this article include:
- Always ask about the availability of a generic equivalent.
- If like most you have been using the same pharmacy for years, shop around for lower prices, do not assume your pharmacy offers the lowest prices.
- Do not be afraid to use reputable on-line, web-based pharmacies.
- Check on-line, at your pharmacy and your physician’s office for coupons.
- Always ask your pharmacist for the price of a prescription and then ask if this is the lowest price available?
- Consider a ninety-day prescription.
Check out this excellent article from Consumer Reports for more tips on reducing your medication costs.