Christie from Bellingham, Washington and her support community are using MedGift’s unique support calendar to organize care for her as she battles cancer. Check out her story by clicking here www.medgift.com/caring-for-christie.
Crowdfunding is an excellent way to assist in the payment of expenses arising from medical or health-related hardships. No matter what web-based tool you use to for crowdfunding they all work essentially the same and deliver similar results. This short post will give you a guaranteed way of increasing the funds you raise, so lets get started.
Regardless of the site you use the process is similar:
1. Choose your web site to use (more on this later)
2. Sign in and create your page (some sites call these campaigns, MedGift uses the term “support page”).
3. See the previous post on the MedGift Voice for best practices associated with actually setting up your page. Once again these tips apply to all sites.
4. Share your page with your facebook friends, email contacts and or twitter followers; what we call your support community. The success of your campaign is directly related to the size of your support community and how willing those in in your community are to share your story with their friends. This is the secret to raising the money you need – more on this at the end of the article.
5. Update your page with frequent status reports to keep your community apprised of the status of you or the beneficiary of the page.
6. As visitors come to your page and donate their donations will flow into your checking account.
So how do you choose which crowdfunding site to use if they all offer similar capabilities? First, consider MedGift, a 501(c)3 organization offering a completely free service that is run by a team of individuals with a passion for service to others.
Okay so whats the big tip? Enlist a friend to help and set up two pages on different sites. Assume you are setting the page up for a son or daughter. You will create your initial page on MedGift and share it with your support community. Then your friend – – preferably one with a large number of facebook friends – will set up a second page for your son or daughter on a different site. This person will share this page with their support community. In this way you double the number of individuals with awareness of your need which in turn will double the number of donations you receive (approximately of course). Simple, easy and guaranteed to increase your fundraising success.
Check out MedGift today and find out why we are refreshingly different.